5-year-old carries baby sister from 𝓫𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 home in the night – returns to the flames to sαvє countless more lives
5-year-old carries baby sister from burning home in the night – returns to the flames to save countless more lives
Tabitha and Allen have three children: Dakota, Noah, and Lilly. According to reports, Noah was a playful and friendly child who enjoyed getting into mischief with his little sister, Lily.
In short, the Woods family had everything they wanted and were enjoying their lives when something happened that nearly destroyed their world.
On Sunday, February 9, 2020, Noah was one of eight family members asleep in their Bartow County, Georgia home when he woke up to smoke and flames in the room he shared with his 2-year-old sister.
While he could have easily panicked, given his young age, Noah sprang into action. He jumped out of bed, grabbed his sister and ran out of the house through the only available exit, an open window.
But Noah didn’t stop there – he went back for the family dog and pulled it to safety. The child then ran next door to get help from his uncle, the news outlet reports. Together, they helped alert the rest of Woods’ family and saved them from the fire.
According to the Bartow County Fire Department, Noah and four other family members were treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation. In total, he is credited with saving the other seven members of his family.
The Bartow County Fire Department will recognize his bravery on Friday by naming him an honorary Bartow County firefighter and presenting him with a lifesaving award typically reserved for professional rescuers.
Fire department hails his heroics
“We’ve seen children alert their families before,” Bartow County Fire Department Chief Dwayne Jamison told CNN. “But for a 5-year-old to be alert enough to do this … that’s pretty extraordinary.”
Bartow County firefighters believe an overloaded electrical outlet caused the fire in the children’s bedroom. The house did not have a working smoke detector, which means things could have ended badly if Noah hadn’t woken up.
Due to the destruction of the home, the family has asked the community for help while they get back on their feet.
Young Noah showed that a 5-year-old can also be a hero.